What is this yellow wire?

PMK

See the yellowish wire? That’s running from the starter and I need to know what it’s going to. I believe it is some kind of relay? It’s mounted on the firewall next to the battery. My Jeep won’t start when I turn the key. All that happens is I get a single click from that thing.

the battery and starter are both working so I’m thinking it’s gotta be that thing is not sending a signal to the starter.

thanks I’m advance
E2237BD5-0C83-4936-ABA4-E90369187438.jpeg

This is different than mine. Your starter should have one heavy duty, possibly black, battery cable coming from it. Where does the other end of that cable go? Straight to the battery? Describe what wires you see connected to the starter.

I'm trying to determine if you starter has an internal solenoid or separate external solenoid.

This is different than mine. Your starter should have one heavy duty, possibly black, battery cable coming from it. Where does the other end of that cable go? Straight to the battery? Describe what wires you see connected to the starter.

I'm trying to determine if you starter has an internal solenoid or separate external solenoid.

It ended up being the starter relay. My starter has an external solenoid with that yellow wire going to the starter relay.

Thanks for the reply

Reactions: Flyer58