What is this bracket?

Walter91YJ

Hello Folk. New to the forum

Recently got a 3inch lift on my 91 WS and have been hearing some rubbing when turning sharp. Noticed this bracket near the inside front wheel well on both sides of the wrangler that I think is the culprit. Anyone know what this is?

IMG_0456.jpeg

IMG_0457.jpeg

Good question. I've never seen them and don't have them on my 92 YJ. I'd be worried about them shredding the tire sidewall.

As a side note your frame and everything else is entirely too clean. :) I wish mine was like that.

Thanks. Happens to be a zone lift also. Where should it be mounted? Wondering if I can do this myself instead of taking it back in…

Your sway bar is connected already as seen in pic #1. Dont know what MI is like for offroad areas, but if there's not much Id leave it as it. BTW, You own a jeep dude...unless your rich and have a trusty mechanic you need to be able to tear it apart and put it back together in your sleep.. Not to be a black cloud but If the lift installing shop left you with that tire slicing setup you need to find a new shop as well.
Frame looks nice albeit nicely coated in undercoating. Being in Michigan hopefully somebody didn't hide some serious frame cancer with the undercoating.

Reactions: Heather93yj
The disconnect brackets are designed to go up on the coer/inner fender. I removed mine because I am running 33x12.50s and my tires rub on them. I am going to make custom brackets that move the pins back toward the middle of the wheel wells. With the 31s, they were fine and barley rubbed.

20230521_114646.jpg

Here's where I decided to re-mount my disco brackets. They don't seem to rub even at full flex. I'm gonna go test them properly this weekend 😉20230525_200142.jpgScreenshot_20230525_203429_Photo Editor.jpg