Warning lights not all working

Walter91YJ

Hello all.

On my ‘91 YJ my warning lights (blinkers, check engine, etc) do not all work. The only ones that work are my left blinker and seat belt light. I replaced the old lights with LEDs and still no change. From what I am reading it may be the dimmer switch. Don’t know if that is the case if some lights work and not others. I did check fuse 9 and 10 and they seem to be intact.

Any ideas?

With regard to the LED lights I found them to work when the electrons flow in the right direction. If the bulb doesn't work try removing it, turn it around and reinstall it. That worked each time when I installed them.

But first, make sure you have power to the bulbs. Remove them and thoroughly clean all corrosion off every connection. Same for all grounds and connectors.

Hello all.

On my ‘91 YJ my warning lights (blinkers, check engine, etc) do not all work. The only ones that work are my left blinker and seat belt light. I replaced the old lights with LEDs and still no change. From what I am reading it may be the dimmer switch. Don’t know if that is the case if some lights work and not others. I did check fuse 9 and 10 and they seem to be intact.

Any ideas?
You mentioned warning lights. Are you referring to the indicator lights on dash not working? If so you can remove a couple pieces of your dash panel and expose the light panel and check those small bulbs. They rotate slightly to engage the contact point. Try a slight turn and back to see if you get a better contact. They remove from the rear so be sure to hold on and not drop them into the back of dash.