California Valves

sweetN8ivegrl

Ok my fellow Jeepers, please I need advice. So I have been going through the motions to change my head gasket. Noticed my valves needed to be lapped. No biggie, I'm not just a dumb girl, or so u thought. It LOOKS like there's pitting but doesn't feel like it. Should i just grind them down and relax? Here's a picture

20240328_165215.jpg

they look pretty pitted from what i can tell from your picture. i ask my granddaughter to look at picture, she a gearhead also, she stated she would try and clean them better. at one time there were several machine shop in pioneer if i remember right, i used a shop called sierra machine, it was on a state highway but i have forgot, i know they would help if there was still in business. welcome as a new member, drive safety and have fun with your jeep.

Reactions: sweetN8ivegrl
they look pretty pitted from what i can tell from your picture. i ask my granddaughter to look at picture, she a gearhead also, she stated she would try and clean them better. at one time there were several machine shop in pioneer if i remember right, i used a shop called sierra machine, it was on a state highway but i have forgot, i know they would help if there was still in business. welcome as a new member, drive safety and have fun with your jeep.
Thank you both. I'll try cleaning them again if that don't work I'll admit defeat and take it in

Before giving up.... try lapping them in. There should be plenty of vids on this topic. And make sure you are keeping all components in their original locations.