Top for 1997 TJ

Adrienne

I’m looking for some help . I just purchased a 97 TJ it has no top nor did it come with any hardware .no door surrounds , tailgate bars or window channel It does have full doors . I’m wondering it there is a soft top out there that I can get that that does not need the door surrounds or if I’m going to have to purchased the complete hardware . Sorry I’ve been looking at tops and I’m so confused on what I need thanks in advance for any help given

I am not familiar with the TJ tops, but I do know they have full tops that attach to the roll bars and require no hardware. It should at least come with the windshield chamber. You are going to have to screw it into the top of your windshield.

And it looks like Mastertop, Rampage, and Crown make the frameless top. I hear Bestop recommended alot, but it doesn't look like they have a frameless.

Edit: Or maybe they do. Looks like Bestop does a Trektop NX which uses no bow assembly and looks like it is for full doors too.

None of the frameless seem to use a bow. Looks like the Bestop Trektop NX comes with door surrounds. It doesn't look like the other brands have that. It just says "softtop" under details. I would recommend getting one that comes with the door surrounds to prevent as much leak as you can. I have a Bestop Supertop (Bow Assembly) with half doors and soft windows, no window surrounds. Mine still leaks between the top of the door and top.

Reactions: Adrienne
If you buy any of the one's on the Quadratec.com link, it should give you everything you need in order to use the top. Just don't buy "replace a top" that would just be a softtop replacement for someone who already has the specific hardware.

Reactions: Adrienne