Tires for airing down

kep7790

I am looking at getting some 31" tires and mounting them on separate rims to use in the snow. When airing down what ply of a tire should a person look for if you are going on a non beadlock rim. Any suggestions on a tire brand? Thanks

I wouldn't be concerned with the ply, just the PSI. When airing down a 31" non-beadlock wheel, you probably won't want to go under 8 PSI at the very lowest, but I would say 10 to be safe. I air my beadlocks down to 2 PSI sometimes, but I am on 35s and they are also beadlocks.

I run Bias ply Swampers, generally at 4psi and have never needed a bead lock, but TSL's aren't for everyone, they just fit my need.
Sorry, I can't speak for snow, I learned how to drive in the snow as a pup, and I learned that it sucked and I don't miss it...
Wish I had more to add.

If you want to air down, go with a 15x7 rim for those tires which will let you air down to around 8 psi. It's about proportional to a 33x12.5 or 35x12.5 on a 15x8 which can also go to around 8 psi safely.

15x8 with a 10.5" wide tire will be limited to more around 12 psi or so. I like American Racing 15x7s.