Suspension issues

Scottb

Still need help , bought yj last year shocks and leaf springs rusty , ride hard and bumpy plus rear end dipping on drivers side. Had all 4 shocks replaced plus rear leaf springs. Excited to pick up from garage, gutted that it felt the same and rear still dipping . Any suggestions please.

What did the shop put on it? theres plenty of poor quality parts to be had regardless of the name. Stiff shocks, crappy overkill springs and the like. You say rusty,hows the frame as jeeps are notorious for rust issues on the frame as well. Remember its a YJ with leaf springs and will never ride like a car. Far as a lean to one side goes you may have a broken front leaf,bent frame, butchered spring hangers by a PO who knows. Post some pics for the guys here to see and tell us what springs went on it like rough country or OME or what.

D1248CB4-074E-4FA3-825D-C4C3F7211F7D.jpeg

Thanks for quick reply checked all mounts seem sound , front leaf springs not broken but looking old. Are the shackles footed right way round? Awaiting for empty garage in village so I can start work on it but this dipping issue is getting me down. Thanks again

44DF0F93-8271-4EFD-9E55-57D871101435.jpeg

B097FCCC-D463-4E2B-B561-677B30BF2E13.jpeg

89D9985C-CDAD-4EF8-BED1-ACC272B87D66.jpeg

B02B3021-2C10-41A6-B911-C764C7373A96.jpeg

60AE4F1E-42E3-4DE2-B3A3-3F84EB2F7054.jpeg

What did the shop put on it? theres plenty of poor quality parts to be had regardless of the name. Stiff shocks, crappy overkill springs and the like. You say rusty,hows the frame as jeeps are notorious for rust issues on the frame as well. Remember its a YJ with leaf springs and will never ride like a car. Far as a lean to one side goes you may have a broken front leaf,bent frame, butchered spring hangers by a PO who knows. Post some pics for the guys here to see and tell us what springs went on it like rough country or OME or what.

432531E1-1C95-4153-8901-FB4E5A448B43.jpeg

Well...I see Crown heavy duty rear springs were used. id imagine they arent helping the ride any far as stiff. You might check the shackle bolts and make sure they are not overly tight. Being all the frame and spring shackle bolts use nyloc nuts I typically only tighten the nuts enough that I still can fairly easily turn the head of the bolt itself with a ratchet. Some shope will crank them so tightthe shackles will get bent or squeezed together and smash the bushings also. Far as the lean goes I will say my 91 does about 1". In the pics it looks like there is a sizeable difference in the space between the tire and fender flare but on the other hand both rear tires look like they are even with the top of the frame hump, really hard to tell. BTW, whats going on with your exhaust system? Am I imagining things or is the pipe crossing under the rear drive shaft??