Stock soundbar mod anyone?

ShawnM

I was getting bored trying to remove that rubbery stuff off the door jamb getting ready for my paint job and was eyeballing my soundbar that I love to hate with those wonderful 4” bone-crushers in it.

Anybody out there ever modify theirs and jam bigger speakers in it? Took me about 20 minutes to get the zipper undone and didn’t really have time to muck with the contact cement and whatever else to see what all’s in that darn thing, but there’s gotta be a way to get some 6x9’s or something in there no?

I already checked out those overpriced crappy plastic things with garbage speakers in them. That’s what got me thinking about modding what I got.

Reactions: Benner1958
Ahhh, yeah I have no doubt the speakers in them are crap, I just meant using the shell to add new speakers. But at that point you could just put more speakers in yours and enlarge the holes for bigger speakers as well.

I did muck around with my soundbar for a couple minutes today, it’s not deep enough but there are extension rings for 6x9’s I can track down at any stereo install place. Some creative hacking and grinding and I’ll make em fit

I did muck around with my soundbar for a couple minutes today, it’s not deep enough but there are extension rings for 6x9’s I can track down at any stereo install place. Some creative hacking and grinding and I’ll make em fit
After talking to a stereo dude I’ve known a while he recommended a more practical approach so I picked up some 6 1/2” Rockford Fosgate 2 ways. He said yes, with a couple extension rings the 6x9s would work but because of the cavity in the sound bar they wouldn’t sound as good. He also added, with enough extension rings I could put 12” subs in there if I wanted.
Which goes to prove: Just because you CAN do a thing doesn’t meant you SHOULD do a thing.