Stalling issue that I can’t figure out please help

Morgan.Ryle

Hello I have a 92 up 4.0L straight 6. That is cutting off on me while I’m driving. It only cuts off after driving non stop for a long period of time at a constant speed and only cuts off while I’m coming to a stop. I changed out the fuel pump and still have the problem. Checked out all my fuel line and nothing is dry rotted or cracked. I’m stumped and was wonder what yall got in mind for me to try next.

if it only stall when coming to a stop, iwould be checking the brake pedal, maybe a loose wire touching or wire moving around from thrust. what does the CEL say.

Would it be every time if it was something to do with the brake pedal or loose wires? It doesn’t do it every time I come to a stop only for a good 30 ish minute drive without stopping is when it stalls, does fine in town without cut offs. It’s been a really brain scratcher for anyone I have talk to about it and can’t seem to pin point a starting place to look. Definitely will check out the brakes though.

I’m not sure if this will help, but I occasionally have the same issue with our ‘95, but only when the speedometer goes “wonky”. Not sure if your ‘92 has electric or mechanical speedo. If electric you might look at the wiring at the tranny. A little wiggle of the wiring on ours usually fixes the issue for a while. I’ll fix it next time I’m under the Jeep.

Coil break down Perhaps? You still have spark? My 91 had a frame mounted fuel filter. Stalling is a potential related thing as the system starves for fuel.