Splines on pinion and yoke seem to be different

Thalegend89

Recently started regearing my 92 yj from 3.07 to 4.56 all was well until I got to the Dana 30 yoke and the splines on my yoke and piñon seem to be slightly different in shape need help asap cause it is my daily driver

Recently started regearing my 92 yj from 3.07 to 4.56 all was well until I got to the Dana 30 yoke and the splines on my yoke and piñon seem to be slightly different in shape need help asap cause it is my daily driver
You need to get a manual on it so you can look up what axles/pumpkins are on it. YJ’s being thirty years young will have some parts that where changed by a previous owner. The book will tell you what is stock and different variations from different years.

Usually aftermarket pinion splines are a tighter fit to the yoke than OEM. Will they go together at all?