Speed sensor wiring, 1992 YJ

White J

I got a new speed sensor for my YJ and the wiring colors do not match, How is it suppose to be wired? Does it hurt if you wire the 8v and the pulse wire backwards.

Last edited:
It’s supposed to be wired with the wires going to the same positions on the new connector as they used to go to on the old.

so, I guess it is factory violent / orange to Orange and factory white/ orange to white/orange. If they are reversed, will it hurt it? I did drive it yesterday and the speedometer did not work. I will recheck today.

Factory wires should be dark blue, white/orange, and orange unless it was different in 1992 than what I'm used to.

How did you wire it up? As long as you didn't ground the PCM 8V power supply then I don't think any damage will be done.

Factory wires should be dark blue, white/orange, and orange unless it was different in 1992 than what I'm used to.

How did you wire it up? As long as you didn't ground the PCM 8V power supply then I don't think any damage will be done.
yea I know I have the ground correct the other 2 is what I think I may have crossed. I will see today.

Okay the white wire 8 volts, blue wire is 5 Volts, Brown is Ground. New plug has white/orange and black (G), orange. I swapped the 8v wire and the 5v wire and still nothing. So, I switched them back to the way the manual states.