Spark Plug Wires

edgregorio

Last weekend, I replaced the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor. I noted which plug goes to which distributor cap post but I did not pay attention to the different lengths of spark plug wires. Are the spark plug wires interchangable? If not, does anyone have a routing diagram?

Thank you,

Ed

Last weekend, I replaced the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor. I noted which plug goes to which distributor cap post but I did not pay attention to the different lengths of spark plug wires. Are the spark plug wires interchangable? If not, does anyone have a routing diagram?

Thank you,

Ed
What year & engine are we dealing with, here.

It makes no difference what so ever which wire goes where. As long as they are away from hot manifolds or rubbing thru something from bouncing around kinda thing.

In the new set of spark plug wires I purchase, the wires came in four different sizes and plug orientations. Does it matter which wire I use to connect the plugs to the distributor cap posts?

In the new set of spark plug wires I purchase, the wires came in four different sizes and plug orientations. Does it matter which wire I use to connect the plugs to the distributor cap posts?
Nope. Just the best way they fit. As long as the firing order is correct, it shouldn't be a problem.