Sound bar fitment

G

gixxerkid3

Would a sound bar from a ‘97-02 TJ physically fit on the roll at of my ‘92? Not worried about hooking it up as that is easy. So in short, are the YJ and TJ roll bar exactly the same?

Would a sound bar from a ‘97-02 TJ physically fit on the roll at of my ‘92? Not worried about hooking it up as that is easy. So in short, are the YJ and TJ roll bar exactly the same?
Yes. They will have to placed in front of the roll bar instead of behind the roll bar.

TJ’s factory location is behind the driver and passenger’s heads. In a YJ, using the factory TJ sounds pods, they will only work right above the driver and passenger’s heads.

Yes. They will have to placed in front of the roll bar instead of behind the roll bar.

TJ’s factory location is behind the driver and passenger’s heads. In a YJ, using the factory TJ sounds pods, they will only work right above the driver and passenger’s heads.
Having to mounting in front rather than the rear. Is that due to roll bar design differs from the YJ and TJ or is it the pods on the TJ sound bar get in the way .

Having to mounting in front rather than the rear. Is that due to roll bar design differs from the YJ and TJ or is it the pods on the TJ sound bar get in the way .
Great question. I believe that it is due to the design of the roll bar on the YJ. Unlike the TJ, according to my buddy who has a TJ, the bars extending aft of the roll bar (behind front seats) are closer together on the YJ where they attach at the roll bar. I get the sound bar tomorrow so I will take a photo and post a visual.