Soft top storage

Stoopid Jeep

YJ Enthusiast
It's about time to switch to hard top mode.
looking for cheap easy soft top storage solutions.
I might be able to lay the windows flat on a piece of ply wood up in the garage rafters with ...something? between them to keep them from scratching and sticking.

fold up the top? roll it up? lay it out flat? it will be sub-zero in my garage this winter.

any ideas?

It's about time to switch to hard top mode.
looking for cheap easy soft top storage solutions.
I might be able to lay the windows flat on a piece of ply wood up in the garage rafters with ...something? between them to keep them from scratching and sticking.

fold up the top? roll it up? lay it out flat? it will be sub-zero in my garage this winter.

any ideas?
Hang it all on the wall in your living room, it will stay nice and warm. I had a buddy that used to park all his motorcycles in the living room so that he could look at them all winter long. He went through lots of women.

Hang it all on the wall in your living room, it will stay nice and warm. I had a buddy that used to park all his motorcycles in the living room so that he could look at them all winter long. He went through lots of women.
I don't think the wife is down with "Jeep art".
She did say I could build a showcase and park the Shovelhead in the living room when I'm too old to ride it anymore.

Last edited:
I don't think the wife is down with "Jeep art".
She did say I could build a showcase and park the Shovelhead in the living room when I'm too old to ride it anymore.
Like Al Bunday said “ Woman, can’t live with ‘em, the end”.

I have a pickup truck cargo net stretched across the ceiling in my utility room, thats where I store my soft top & windows, along with some other rarely used items. Its up and out of the way and doesn't interfere with anything. The frame once folded up, just leans against the wall in the same room.
8257-2080p.jpg