Soft top issues with 91 YJ

DaddyO

I have a 91 jeep wrangler YJ and I am having an issue finding a soft top for it. It had a "sun top" when I bought it and I can't find a replacement soft top of that type. I bought a rough country soft top but, being this is my first jeep of this type, I didn't realise this YJ I bought didn't come with a factory softtop. So now I am only using the back window and the door tops and the rest of the stuff is unusable. After researching it a bit more I noticed besttops made a top like this ( or this top I am not sure). I guess what I am wondering is is there any other company making a replacement top like mine or I'm I stuck buying a replacement factory hardware set for this jeep and not having the folding front part to my top?

Last edited:
My 91 has the Bestop sunrider? as well. IIRC Bestop does not make this anymore, and like you I believe will need to replace all the bows and hardware when its shot and a new regular softop goes on. If Im following you right rough country should be able to get you all the parts you need to install their softop. Unfortunately you'll have to buy all of it.

Reactions: DaddyO
Sry an intro may be in order. Hello my name is Richard and this is my first YJ. I live in GA and love this Jeep so far...
Welcome to the world of Antique vehicles, never thought I would ever call a YJ an an antique.
Guess I'm just showing my age!
I'm coming out of a '43 flat fender and my YJ has been a completely different ball game.