Sky Dirt

I flipped a Terex TS32 years ago. Doey that count? HA!!
I rolled my '43 on flat ground at a dead crawl, the trail literally fell out from under me.
Well it was actually a dyke for a stock tank that the spillway hadn't been cut deep enough for and it was undercut.
2-1/4 turns. 15 ft straight down, I see anything fishy on a trail now, I recon! Lesson learned.
Thank God I had a full cage! And it bent.
Belts were upgraded immediately thereafter to 3" Simpsons.

You flipped a belly scraper?

Last edited:
Good to know you went unscathed in your slip up, well, perhaps a little wounded pride :). layed it about 70% on its top. We ran a bunch of old junkers more less. No air hitches, no brakes, no retarders. You'd drop the can to slow down or you taint stoppin. Coming outta the cut on a ledge, got a tad to close, slipped off the side and over she went. Same job one of the operators slipped off a ridge and set a few month old, leased Komatsu D375A dozer, On its blade. Hung there for about 15 seconds before going all the way over on its lid. Operator was pitched out when it landed on the blade. No seat Belt, Us younguns were to manly back then of course. He did walk away.... with a new color of undies id imagine. Geez...I remember some of the vehicles Ive had didnt even come with seat belts.

Reactions: jeepjoe43
My son has rolled my YJ twice. Once side ways and the other front to back. Looks like shit but it still runs fine. Needless to say he’s not allowed to touch my TJ.

Reactions: jeepjoe43
Good to know you went unscathed in your slip up, well, perhaps a little wounded pride :). layed it about 70% on its top. We ran a bunch of old junkers more less. No air hitches, no brakes, no retarders. You'd drop the can to slow down or you taint stoppin. Coming outta the cut on a ledge, got a tad to close, slipped off the side and over she went. Same job one of the operators slipped off a ridge and set a few month old, leased Komatsu D375A dozer, On its blade. Hung there for about 15 seconds before going all the way over on its lid. Operator was pitched out when it landed on the blade. No seat Belt, Us younguns were to manly back then of course. He did walk away.... with a new color of undies id imagine. Geez...I remember some of the vehicles Ive had didnt even come with seat belts.
Everything was fine 15 seconds ago...
Used to have some of those old vehicles myself, no seat belts, steel dashboard, RVM bolted to the windshield frame.
Deathtraps, really.
These days, I don't start any vehicle without my seat belt on.
Crappy as the ones I had were, they saved my arse.

Reactions: Bucky