Sigh...

SirDoopYJ

YJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lady cut in front of me on the interstate. I'm fine. No one is hurt. I was the only one to hit anything. Lady drove off without stopping. I had two wittneses stop, check on me, and give statements to the officer and someone else called in the license plate for me.

I am going to miss this truck. I was going to drive it till it died. I almost had 300,000 miles on it.

20211104_171546.jpg
20211104_175841.jpg

Damn! Sorry to hear that. That is a bummer for sure. Seems like when they get up there in age, they're more likely to die by impact than component failure. Hope they caught the witch, but I bet catching her won't end up doing anything for you.

Any ideas at what you're looking to drive next?

Luckily someone called in the license plate and the State Police were able to get all of her info for me. I am still waiting to hear back from Insurance after contacting hers.

As for a vehicle, I am going to end up buying my grandpaws 05 GMC Sierra. V8 with 89,000 miles. My uncle is asking $3,000 for it. Pretty much mint condition. Grandfather passed away from dementia in July and I would like to hold on to it as much as possible. He was damn proud of it.

Thats sucks but you are O which is #1. You got some good use from the dakota and Youy probably could buy it back from the ins co for pennies is its totalled. You like the sierra Id bet. I have a 00 silverado Z71 with the 5.3. Tows OK,hauls hay Ok and gets 18 mpg. Far as the felling idiot, we probably all had it happen or will in our lifes. I had it happen to my 59 F100 4x4 long ago. Was passin a gas station doin about 40 and a couple ass'es in a AMC pacer no less nailed the side of me just in front of the rear right tire. Truck went up over the hood of that thing, sent us up in the air curving to the right and we stopped when we hit a super HD utility poles. Guess that was lucky after all as next stop would have been right thru the bedroom of a house I think where folks were probably snoozin as it was late at night. battery blew up with a flash of light, thought that was it as they say when you go you see lots of light. Some guys tracked them down as they fled but the car had not been registered in years.

I wouldn't buy it back. The control arm snapped in half, so the tire doesn't sit straight. It wobbled when I drove it off the Interstate so the police could clear up traffic. I think the brake line busted. The transmission also felt like it was about to go out soon before the accident.

That is good yall made it out of yalls accident. Sounds crazy. There have been a few nasty accidents up and down the Interstate I take to commute to work. Some cars drive like they are threading a needle back and forth across 3 lanes while doing 90mph.

This is the truck, it will need a little tlc. New lights all around. I accidently ripped the taillight off after Hurricane Ida while pulling branches out the bed. The radio goes in and out, so wiring there. The rear window likes to pop off the mechanical device.
20211106_163901.jpg

20211106_163958.jpg
20211106_164206.jpg