Rust Repair

JaredMLowe

I’ve got to rust holes on either side of my tub, just under the jeep emblem. I was going to purchase some sheet metal to weld into place, but, after having installed some aftermarket fenders, I’ve got all of the scraps from that project. I was wondering if the scrap metal from my fenders would be sufficient to weld in place as patches for the rust holes?

I’ve got to rust holes on either side of my tub, just under the jeep emblem. I was going to purchase some sheet metal to weld into place, but, after having installed some aftermarket fenders, I’ve got all of the scraps from that project. I was wondering if the scrap metal from my fenders would be sufficient to weld in place as patches for the rust holes?
It could be sufficient. But it could provide some “insurance,” if you used new sheet metal.

It could be sufficient. But it could provide some “insurance,” if you used new sheet metal.