Replaceing Seatbelts

There are several vendors on line. Kinda hard to say what your looking for though. Simpson high quality or basic stock ones. Have a look at Quadratec to get an idea of what out there and the cost which varies considerably.

Thank you for your response. I have look at Quadratec and several others on line the average price is about $180 , in reading the reviews they seam to have a hang up / glitch and may take several times to pull the belt up. Just looking to replace with stander 3 point retractable belts that wont be a problem to use. I have not looked at Simpson yet , once again thank you
for your response.

Got 3" Simpson harness lap belts only in mine.
I cannot wheel a factory shoulder belt, just too restrictive and always at the wrong time.
Simpson is old school proven and effective, but that depends on how you want to use it.

Reactions: Gilaguy23
Got 3" Simpson harness lap belts only in mine.
I cannot wheel a factory shoulder belt, just too restrictive and always at the wrong time.
Simpson is old school proven and effective, but that depends on how you want to use it.
Boy you got that right IMO. I despise the factory system as Its far to sensitive. Simply moving forward entering a bad intersection to look left or right it locks up and Im pinned to the seat. I think Its dangerous myself. I'd like to install basic lap belts for trail use if nothing else Im thinking.

Reactions: jeepjoe43
I absolutely share your opinion!
All my club friends had these when I was a newb, now I've been using them for 30 years.
Bit of a PITA to adjust, but once you're locked in, you're in.

To quote a friend "You don't drive a Jeep, you ride a Jeep".

Evening Mike...I sent my originals off to a place called Safety Restore and they made them as good as new for about $75 a pop with a 24 hour turn around...no issues with the retractors locking up. The older the webbing the easier they lock up, not sure why, maybe the brittleness of the webbing plays a factor...

Reactions: Fouledplugs
need to replace the seatbelts in my 95, any suggestion for good seatbelts
I had to replace my seatbelts on my 1989 YJ as they wouldn't latch right anymore and were getting pretty frayed. I went to a local junkyard and got some out of of an early Buick Le Sabre. They were like new and other than saying GM on them were a perfect match, even the right color. I looked at some 80's Cadillac's and they were all the same also. No more seatbelt problems.