Rear Driveshaft Dilemma

RedYJ_95

I installed a lift to my 95 wrangler not too long ago. 2.5" rubicon express suspension lift, with 1" lift boomerang shackles. Everything was smooth besides my rear driveshaft. After installing the t-case drop kit I still have about 2" of the driveshaft that isn't all the way in the t-case. I looked into the SYE kits and custom CV driveshafts, but I feel it's too expensive and overkill for a 2.5L yj that I use occasionally on trails but mostly daily drive. Instead, I am opting to lengthen the driveshaft. The shop quoted me $250 for lengthen, balance, and installation which seems like a fair price to me. In summary, the basis of what I'm trying to ask is, will it be OK if I leave the t-case drop kit in, or would I be better off removing it and then getting the lengthening for the new length. The problem I have is that if I remove the kit I won't be able to drive the jeep to the shop and don't have a trailer to take it to the shop. Additionally, lengthening might not be the way to go but I'm new to jeeps and working on cars in general so any additional advice on the route I should take with the rear driveshaft would be greatly appreciated.

Big question is do you have DS vibrations? Seems some do, some dont. With a 2.5 lift you should not have issues buy will from exp need to leave the T case drop in. My 91 had a 2.5 RE lift, but pulled one leave out of the rear pack to kill the stink bug effect, and IIRC it seemed about 1/2 more of DS was pulled out of the slip when it was said and done. It was used for rocky forest areas and mild use compared to what some guys do. Your avatar shows airborne use, Id not do that with my 91 BTW,got tire of fixing stuff. If your worried about the slip and stub pulling apart then Id contact Woods driveline of one of the GOOD DS shops, I used Dennys DS in NY who had great service and fast shipping, and talk with them. Typically they will have you pull the DS and measure from the yoke to yoke and build a shaft with a extended slip and stub or what ever they recommend for your application.

Big question is do you have DS vibrations? Seems some do, some dont. With a 2.5 lift you should not have issues buy will from exp need to leave the T case drop in. My 91 had a 2.5 RE lift, but pulled one leave out of the rear pack to kill the stink bug effect, and IIRC it seemed about 1/2 more of DS was pulled out of the slip when it was said and done. It was used for rocky forest areas and mild use compared to what some guys do. Your avatar shows airborne use, Id not do that with my 91 BTW,got tire of fixing stuff. If your worried about the slip and stub pulling apart then Id contact Woods driveline of one of the GOOD DS shops, I used Dennys DS in NY who had great service and fast shipping, and talk with them. Typically they will have you pull the DS and measure from the yoke to yoke and build a shaft with a extended slip and stub or what ever they recommend for your application.
I don't have any drive shaft vibrations thankfully, but the 1" shackle lifts caused more of the ds to be out of the yoke after the t-case drop than I expected. I think I'll leave the drop kit in and just get it extended from there because even now with 2" of the ds not in the yoke I haven't noticed any major problems or vibrations, mainly just want to fix it for peace of mind. I'm going to driveshaft pros in Garden Grove, they have years of experience and I have heard good things about them so I'm sure they'll do whatever is best for my application. As for the use of my jeep, it's my daily driver and I really only take it out to trails once every 2 weeks-ish. Thanks for the info!