Rampage Soft Top passenger door window problem

RJB89YJ

I have a new to me, 1989 Jeep YJ Base. In the spring I removed the Rampage Soft Top. I had replaced both bad door panels, along with the 3 post inserts in the door for installing the passenger and drivers door windows.

When putting up the top for winter, I went to put the passenger side window on, I could not get the first post (towards front of the Jeep) to seat fully down. It is about 1” high and I cannot get it any further.

Does anybody know why it will not go fully in (I used a heavy hammer to try and get it fully seated with no luck).

If nobody knows why it will not fully seat, as a workaround, would cutting off the excessive post down about an inch cause any other issues or is that an acceptable solution to this problem?

TIA, Rod

My Bestop's new door windows are a tad off compared to the original ones. Id say the welding jig is off a tad and it takes some good smacks to get it all the way down where it needs to be. On yours Id measure the door pocket depth and make sure the uppers posts are not bottoming out. Cut off what you done need and go from there. You should also have collars on the front and rear most posts to set to adjust the upper just right where you want them and lined up correctly.

Thanks, I'll cut off the "offending" amount of the first post and I am hoping that works. I now need to order some replacement collar inserts before I try. Unfortunately I don't have a garage and my cab cover is on because I'm now stuck until the rain and snow stop. I'm apparently not going any for what weather.com says for the next two weeks. I'm hoping for a break long enough for me to get the top up. Oh well