Questions about LS swap into my 92 YJ

Hello fellow Jeepers, new to the jeep world as i just purchased a 92 yj 2.5. The engine is no longer with us and thee ole AX5 has one foot in the grave. With that being said i have a few questions maybe someone could answer or point me in a direction where i can find more info... i have LS out out of a 2001 pickup and a sm465. From what i have read so far everyone is putting auto's in their jeeps wit h this swap. i would like it to remain a stick. I read somewhere that to flash the ecm for this application is rather expensive, any truth? i live in northern MI, any where close to me rework ecm's?
Be easy i'm new to the jeep world!

Welcome to the Jeep world. I don't have much as far as advice, but I would like to follow your updates as to how your engine swap goes. The 2.5 in my 95YJ still performs well but I would at some point like the additional power of a 6 or 8 cyl. Good luck !

An LS is a good swap from what I have read, is it married to the 465?
I'm not a fan of automagic tranny's either, at some time I'm going to be swapping my AX5 for a SM420.
It may drive like a tractor, but as old as it is I love that box!
The 465 is very similar, though it's 1st gear isn't quite as low as the 420.

The 2.5 I have is plenty off-road, on the road, meh...
Soft and squishy, no Horsepower has been a good formula for me in the past.
It really is all about the gears, but with the 465 you'll have them.
And with an LS you'll never notice the wide gear ratios.
The axles are a different story, if they're OEM they won't take the HP or the gearing.

Don't know anything about flashing the ecm though you'll have to adapt and use the one for the Chevy motor.
I've otherwise not a clue, but I salute anyone that does.