PCV Breather Grommet and tube- Where to buy

Geos7812

this sucker popped off today and made one heck of a mess. Has anyone been successful in buying the PCV grommet and the breather tube, at least the elbow, recently? I have found it in a few searches but they say out of stock.

So much for putting due in the oil to find a leak….. DOH!

67FBFFA9-A7E2-4A07-BF24-5F5E41984651.jpeg

I'm pretty sure that is not the PCV grommet. It is just a breather. some people just put a filter breather in that position. The PCV will have a shaker rattler in it. I have both on mine as well. I just ordered the grommet it is a Dorman 42059. The one the parts store got for me was a Dorman 42052 and it was suppose to work but didn't. I ended up doing the measuring and ordered according to that. It is suppose to get here today. Hope it works.

Nope. Part does not fit. fits like the one I got from the parts store. the whole thing can push down into the valve cover. I'll keep trying

I'm pretty sure that is not the PCV grommet. It is just a breather. some people just put a filter breather in that position. The PCV will have a shaker rattler in it. I have both on mine as well. I just ordered the grommet it is a Dorman 42059. The one the parts store got for me was a Dorman 42052 and it was suppose to work but didn't. I ended up doing the measuring and ordered according to that. It is suppose to get here today. Hope it works.
Keep me posted. That helps a lot. Hope it works.

Keep me posted. That helps a lot. Hope it works.
Problem is simple.. the aftermarket valve cover has a hole in it at 1.250 O.D and they keep sending me a grommet for OEM valve cover which is different. My valve cover is a Crown aluminum cover. I've bought several of these PCV grommets that none work. Dorman will not help they say their chart only allows them to search by vehicle. There is a set on ebay called SBC. BBC. they will actually work but they are not real tight in the valve cover. SO if you don't mind the looseness then that's you buy. One of the pair is for air breather and other is PCV. However I didn't want the loose seal so I looked further. I believe I will stay with this last Dorman brand one I bought. The O.D is is larger than my original but will fit in the space provided. It is a real tight fit and will require screw driver to help push it into place. Then check the pcv hole. If it isn't round then press down on the grommet at that point to seat the grommet. Now remove the PCV valve from hose. I put a dab of WD40 on mine to help. Press the valve very firmly into the center of the grommet. Once it is in the turn it to the direction you need it to be going and reinstall the hose. Hope it helps. May not be for everyone but works for me. The Grommet I have in it now is Dorman 42324 just in case anybody wants to know.