No crank after swapping 1987 4.2 engine to 1995 4.0 engine

jeepvid19

Hi! New in the forum thank you! Doing a engine swap from a 1987 4.2 TO a 4.0 DONOR : 1995 YJ, engine 4.0 with a AX15, ECM, dashboard, fuses box (in-out), gauges & cluster, HARNESS WIRINGS Engine-under Dash,-rear lights. The front lights harness from the 1987.

Actually finished with the installation of the engine 4.0-transmission-wirings under the hood and dash

There are some things that for now I can’t connect:
1- the reverse switch (don’t know how to do it)
2- brake switch connector 4 pins ( can’t do it the old switch 1987 is only 2 flat males)
3.- fuel pump getting a external w/filter to do it soon.

Everything else is hook, I connected the battery to see if it crank .... NOTHING! No click or anything! the only things looks working are: voltage gauge, dome lights, ignition switch turn on the brake light and seatbelt.

Where and what should I check and how.

PLEASE All help is welcome... thank you!

6B3CF81E-B9EA-45B2-9025-FB5CCF8B637A.jpeg

Can you manually turn on the starter? On most starters there are 3 pins. The little one triggers the contactor to engage the starter. If you can jump 12 volts from the positive terminal over to it, it should turn over regardless of whatever else is going on.

Just make sure your transmission is not in gear (put it in park if automatic) and the parking brake is tightly set.

Make sure you have a good grounding strap somewhere between the engine and the frame/body. I have a wide braided wire strap between the firewall and the last bolt on the cylinder head ( left side).