New here, and new to Jeep

LiskAZ

Hello everyone!

New guy out of Phoenix here.

I recently inherited my late grandfather's 1994 Wrangler and I am beginning the journey to bring it back to life the way he would've wanted.
I know next to nothing about vehicles, and even less about mechanical maintenance, but I am 1000% ready to learn these skills where I can on this Wrangler.
Hopefully I'll be able to connect with some of you and get some solid advice on where to start and what to look for.
For now, I'm starting with new wheels and tires. The tires on it now are dry rotted beyond use and I would inevitably want to replace the wheels anyway, so may as well do it all now.

That being said, if anyone in the area has the lowdown on where I should be looking to order from or where to take it to have it done, I would greatly appreciate any input you have.
I've attached some photos and the tire size, and suggestions on tire/wheel selections are welcomed also.

I look forward to the process, thanks for having me!

IMG_20240128_151410 (1).jpg

IMG_20240307_122623.jpg

IMG_20240307_122636.jpg

IMG_20240310_180101_729.jpg

Well, you have one of the most desired motors. As far as maintenance, youtube has plenty of how-to videos that show the most common issues these things have. If you have a few tools, you can easily work on this motor yourself by using those videos as a guide.

Many use an TJ, XJ, YJ, or ZJ stock wheel of choice and fit tires to them. Myself included.

Many (not me) have ran a 12.5" tire on the 8" rim, but you will be dealing with more wear in the center of the tread unless you air down some. Then you deal with a bit more in the lack of handling dept. But, hey, it's a YJ. It's not a canyon carver. It's a canyon crawler.

That said, The backspacing will play a much more important role, so the stockers may not work due to rubbing issues. I have no experience in this dept, so others will probably chime in.