Need help on lift information

Anthony

Hi so I recently acquired a 1993 yj (4.0 i6) and I am going to try get it onto 35 inch tires. I have never done this to a wrangler so I was just wondering if anyone could help me out on a lift kit or any advice.

Hi so I recently acquired a 1993 yj (4.0 i6) and I am going to try get it onto 35 inch tires. I have never done this to a wrangler so I was just wondering if anyone could help me out on a lift kit or any advice.
That’s a loaded request. You’re going to need a tall suspension like 4.5” + some body lift to make it work half decent. You will want an SYE and double cardan shaft to make the rear driveshaft work right. You will want to beef up the Dana 35 rear axle or get a different axle. You will want to regear because the engine power with 35’s will be nonexistent. Brakes will suck. Steering will not handle very well on the tall lift.

If you want it to be even a tiny bit decent to drive afterwards, you’ll need more than just a boxed up “lift kit” as the suspension is only to provide you the clearance to mount the tires. There’s a lot more to running the tires than just bolting them on once you have clearance.

Are you wanting 35’s for off-road use necessity or more for just looks?

Reactions: jeepjoe43
That’s a loaded request. You’re going to need a tall suspension like 4.5” + some body lift to make it work half decent. You will want an SYE and double cardan shaft to make the rear driveshaft work right. You will want to beef up the Dana 35 rear axle or get a different axle. You will want to regear because the engine power with 35’s will be nonexistent. Brakes will suck. Steering will not handle very well on the tall lift.

If you want it to be even a tiny bit decent to drive afterwards, you’ll need more than just a boxed up “lift kit” as the suspension is only to provide you the clearance to mount the tires. There’s a lot more to running the tires than just bolting them on once you have clearance.

Are you wanting 35’s for off-road use necessity or more for just