Motor running problems need help

williamtate

I need some help or advice. I bought a 1995 YJ awhile back I have since put the motor (4.0) back together and back in the jeep. It has new distributor, new throttle position sensor, new IAC valve, new crank position sensor new O2 sensor, new battery, new injectors, new ECM. I can’t seem to get it to get spark or anything all it will do is turn over. When you first turn the key it’ll click the relays but a couple secs after that they click off I’ve tried switching relays I’ve replaced fuses. I’m stumped I don’t know what else to do

Any help would be appreciated thank you in advance

Thats a tough one. Is the electrical system going dead after when you hear the relays click again? You will get a buzz or hum of the fuel pump pressuring up when you turn the key on. Considering all the replacements parts and work have you doubled checked the connectors and do you have good grounds EVERYWHERE which Jeeps are notorious for being compromised. Are 100% sure the dist is in correctly and not 180 off? have you actually verified you have no spark whatsoever to the plugs when cranking it over? Is every fuse in dash and under hood good? even the ones that say they have nothing to do with it running. It's built by a vehicle maker with the most cheezy electrical systems in American history IMO. Lots of questions but its a place to start ya know.

Also, try pulling the plugs to see if they got smashed by the piston and have no gap (oversized/wrong spark plug). If you have not changed the fuel filter do that to, to make sure enough fuel is making it through. I had a similar situation to you and these suggestions got me up and running.