Mechanic replaced slave, master and clutch. No more slip, but no more shift?

disaster06

I have an 89 YJ 2.5 cyl and had my mechanic put in an LUK clutch kit, he did everything and I also had him do the master cylinder from LUK as well. He just called and let me know it’s not slipping but it barely shifts into gear and reverse is impossible without turning off the car. I’m just trying to help him research to get it done as soon as possible but is there anything that could be causing this?

Thanks,
Nick

how was it acting before repairs. was pilot bearing replaced. you are using GOOD replacement parts. i am guessing it hads throwout bearing internal, maybe not bleeding it right. if it was shifting ok before new parts, it almost have to be person that put it in. some one on this forum has the answer. good luck and safe driving.

It was shifting perfectly but the master cylinder was leaking like crazy and it was slipping in every gear. He checked with a mechanic friend who worked for Jeep and he said you have to keep depressing the clutch a ton to get the micro bubbles out of the lines, even after bleeding the system. He told me that after I posted this, so I’m hoping he has been pumping away on that clutch! 😆

i am getting confused. are we taking about master cylinder or the slave cylinder that has leak, the internal slave does require a lot of pumping some times to get all the air out. not trying to be funny, might want to change mechanic ?

i am getting confused. are we taking about master cylinder or the slave cylinder that has leak, the internal slave does require a lot of pumping some times to get all the air out. not trying to be funny, might want to change mechanic ?
The master had a leak. But while he was in there I had him install the whole setup. Clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing, internal space and external master

The clutch pedal should obvious is its disengaging the PP or just compressing air in the line or slave. If he has to kill it to get it into R that says a bunch IMO about the clutch not disengaging.

Sort of. It shifts great after pumping the clutch a bunch yesterday with the cap off the master cylinder and leaving it overnight to work out the micro bubbles.

Unfortunately, there is a small transmission leak now. He didnt tell me where, but he thinks it may be the main seal :rolleyes:. Hes a long time friend of my Dads so I dont think hes taking me for a ride, but its a big pain in my ass!

that great. thanks. now you learned alot. i bet with a little help you can put that seal in. these wrangler are like working on a model a ford, motorcycles, and lawnmomers, takes time, good beer and some friends. good luck and safe driving.