Looking for suggestions on a softer ride for my 89 YJ

Tree top flyer

Supporting Member
I recently installed a "Tough country" 4 inch lift on my 89 yj. It rides like a "Buckboard". Can anyone offer suggestions to soften up my lousy ride??

I RECENTLY INSTALLED A "TOUGH COUNTRY" 4 INCH LIFT ON MY 89 YJ. IT RIDES LIKE A "BUCKBOARD". cAN ANYONE OFFER SUGGESTIONS TO SOFTEN UP MY LOUSY RIDE??
Loosening the shackle bolts a touch, maybe? Greasable shackle bolts might also help.
How long are your shackles? What do the spring to shackle angles look?
What is the air pressure in your tires? (My jeep is happiest @28psi)
Does it still have track bars? Throw those things in the garbage.
After that, you might look at softer shocks??
The springs may break in a bit, but mostly they're just gonna ride like they ride.

Thanks for the information. I removed the rear track bar, and have an adjustable front track bar. I will take a good look at your recommendations to see if it helps.
Loosening the shackle bolts a touch, maybe? Greasable shackle bolts might also help.
How long are your shackles? What do the spring to shackle angles look?
What is the air pressure in your tires? (My jeep is happiest @28psi)
Does it still have track bars? Throw those things in the garbage.
After that, you might look at softer shocks??
The springs may break in a bit, but mostly they're just gonna ride like they ride.

Ive pulled one leaf out of the rear packs on my 91 to rid it of the stink bug/dump truck effect. The fronts are still OE Rubicon express springs. I also run far less tire pressure than Stoopin does but then again my rig never sees extended freeway runs,more like forest roads 90% of the time.