Looking for steel half doors that a soft top can be mounted to

BrandonAsevedo94YJ

I just bought a 94 YJ, Jeep Sahara 4.0. It was advertised that it came with a soft top which was not the case. The Jeep doesn’t even have doors that allow for a soft top to snap in at this point. They are fabric half doors with no attachment capability. I am trying to find steel half doors that a soft top can be mounted into and a soft top that will fit as well! The front frame where the window sits also doesn’t have the channel that I’m used to seeing the soft tops snap into, any help on finding the products to make this work would be greatly appreciated.

FC8A0C28-6326-4570-88BE-A66CAA2633AD.jpeg

6E3D3660-402C-4F19-8762-B9723CDE1E8E.jpeg

T
All soft tops should come with the hardware you need. The only thing I found missing, at least for the Besttop "Supertop", were the chambers for the halfdoors and the window rain channels.
I’m not sure what the “chambers” are? Thats good to know though. Thank you.

Where did you buy your doors?
I found them on FB marketplace, guy had them on his Green CJ7.

I tried googling what they were, I tried half door hardware, half door softtop chambers. Nothing. The OE hardware replacement from Bestop doesn't even include them.

You may have to source them used from ebay..if we ever find out what they are called.

You can still use the soft uppers with out them. I can barely get my uppers to stretch into the chamber anyways. I wish I had those window rain channels though. My shoulder still gets wet.

Reactions: BrandonAsevedo94YJ
I found them on FB marketplace, guy had them on his Green CJ7.

I tried googling what they were, I tried half door hardware, half door softtop chambers. Nothing. The OE hardware replacement from Bestop doesn't even include them.

You may have to source them used from ebay..if we ever find out what they are called.

You can still use the soft uppers with out them. I can barely get my uppers to stretch into the chamber anyways. I wish I had those window rain channels though. My shoulder still gets wet.
That’s probably what I’ll do then, keep an eye out on eBay and my local sites. Thank you for the info! Super helpful

Hi all, I have just joined this forum. Not to Uk jump in before Brandon, I am also in the queue for wanting half doors for my YJ.

I’m in the UK so adds a challenge but hopefully I can do that organising my end.

Appreciate any help in advance.

Hi all, I have just joined this forum. Not to Uk jump in before Brandon, I am also in the queue for wanting half doors for my YJ.

I’m in the UK so adds a challenge but hopefully I can do that organising my end.

Appreciate any help in advance.
My YJ is in desperate need of some half doors!

IMG_5418.jpeg

Reactions: redbullet
eBay often has overpriced, rusty, bent doors with no keys. I got tired of looking and bought a pair of aluminum trail doors from these guys:

Thanks, they look good. I’m looking for the original as first option.

If I struggle and have to go down a fabrication route it would be more cost effective for me to build in the UK.

Reactions: redbullet