Looking for gas line replacement

YJ103

After pulling my 95 out of winter storage last week I noticed it was leaking gas above the rear driver side wheel. Turned out to be a bad gas line. Now, my jeep is very clean underneath with very little rust anywhere. It just got old I guess. My problem is that the 2 lines going into and out of the fuel pump also look suspect.

My shop was going to replace them while it was apart, but the lines are not available from Jeep or any other auto parts store around me. And my mechanic was unable to fab a new line without kinking it due to the unusual angle of the lines.

Does someone make these gas lines? Do I need to take it to a different shop that specializes? Or do I need to replace the fuel pump to get the new lines?

I used a bendable tubing for my brakes made by Poly Armour which i bought from Advance Auto. Poly Armour claims it's for brake, fuel, and transmission lines. You may want to call them to verify gasoline is ok even though they advertise it is. It comes in a 25ft roll and is easily bent by hand into shape without kinking and no special tools needed to form it other than making the proper flare at the ends. See if the local Advance Auto has some in stock and see how easy it is to work with.

Reactions: YJ103