WTB: Looking for a 1993 YJ 2.5 air box part

White J

I am missing a small plastic plate at the lower inside of the air box. Looks like it was held on my screws or ribbits. Does anyone have this peice and what is it for?

Screenshot_20240128_204224_eBay.jpg

I might still have a couple of extra air boxes, one was cracked. I may have tossed them I can't remember. I will dig through my parts pile and see if it's still there. If it is, id be happy to toss it in the mail.
if you find them I will pay you for all the shipping. Just let me know.

photo so small can;t see it.
air cleaner box.
but what is missing there I can not see it. clearly
ebay seller sell the boxes for $100 now, popular and rare = high price and $100 today is only $10 now.(value)
rivets plastic missing?
the free shop parts manual shows this.

i guess part ID #8 is hacked?
I restored mine to stock , had to buy all these parts (clean air is #1 thing)

this box below has problem
or the metal steel plate below it on the fender has a problem
sorry your photo was way too small. to see.

air-cleaner stock.JPG

box1.jpg

must be photo 3 here, i painted yellow
IS car USA car . left hand drive? I do not know what the plate is for, but smacks of usage on outside USA or in UK with Right hand Drive, RHD
I see folks all the time buying parts in ebay, from the wrong country, and will not work at all LHD to RHD or the reverse

the fix is easy in my shop
make metal plate to fit the RTV it to the hole (so it can't suck dirt) and use screw (say #10 screws and nuts to hold it on)with washers.
or find so junk about the home made of plastic, that is flat and thick and cut it out. use that.
even 1 gallon milk jug has some flat sides. (ponder it)

yes.JPG

Last edited:
air cleaner box.
ebay seller sell the boxes for $100 now, popular and rare = high price and $100 today is only $10 now.(value)
rivets plastic missing?

View attachment 122436

View attachment 122437
turn the box up right and the plate is on the bottom right side

Screenshot_20240128_204224_eBay.jpg

my guess is someone had custom home made COLD air kit or snorkel kit attached there.
or is parts from outside USA.
jeep never sold that plate ever. its on all ours part of the box, total.
also some countries mandate a SILENCER there (noise abatement )

if anyone has an old broken box that they don't need I would like to get the plate off it. If not I will make one but rather have the factory look.

air cleaner box.
rivets plastic missing?

View attachment 122436

View attachment 122437

must be photo 3 here, i painted yellow
IS car USA car . left hand drive? I do not know what the plate is for, but smacks of usage on outside USA or in UK with Right hand Drive, RHD
I see folks all the time buying parts in ebay, from the wrong country, and will not work at all LHD to RHD or the reverse

the fix is easy in my shop
make metal plate to fit the RTV it to the hole (so it can't suck dirt) and use screw (say #10 screws and nuts to hold it on)with washers.
or find so junk about the home made of plastic, that is flat and thick and cut it out. use that.
even 1 gallon milk jug has some flat sides. (ponder it)

View attachment 122438
now I see the picture you posted. took a while to show up. Yep that's the plate I need.

Just make one. Previous owners drilled the rivets on mine and removed the panel, I'm guessing as a cheap "cold air" intake. Yeah I've had fun reversing the "good ideas" the previous owners had.

I took a plastic tote lid and cut it to shape, then sealed it with black RTV. It's not perfect but works fine.