Leaks

Xarbenence

Recently purchased a 1993 YJ. She had a lot of work done to her before I purchased (new clutch, breaks, belts, and a lot more).

I noticed some leaks under the Jeep this last week, and I found them a bit odd since I have never actually seen leaks so spread out before (see the image). Just posting to ask if anyone knows what the cause of spread out leaks like this might be? I'm planning on taking it in to get looked at by a Jeep shop I trust in town, but I figured I would post to the forum to ask.

Thanks!

Resized_20230418_195404.jpeg

Recently purchased a 1993 YJ. She had a lot of work done to her before I purchased (new clutch, breaks, belts, and a lot more).

I noticed some leaks under the Jeep this last week, and I found them a bit odd since I have never actually seen leaks so spread out before (see the image). Just posting to ask if anyone knows what the cause of spread out leaks like this might be? I'm planning on taking it in to get looked at by a Jeep shop I trust in town, but I figured I would post to the forum to ask.

Thanks!

View attachment 121265
What color is the fluid? Could be oil leak or diffs, if you are parking in a slightly different spot each time. Put some cardboard under your Jeep to find the location and report back.

You really need to climb underneath with a flashlight and see where the leak or leaks are coming from. It could be a migrating leak or leaks. Common leaks on these YJ's are valve cover gasket, rear main seal, yoke seals and so on.