Leak springs and shackle bushing question

mvez

Really been appreciating the help from this forum. On to my next post.

I recently took both of my track bars out. My wife and I have been very impressed with the ride quality since, but this introduced new noises since the suspension is now free.

When turning at low speeds left or right sharp turns I hear a couple popping sounds that I can feel at my feet too. This was not there before track bar removal. I think some it is from the steering tie rods and also the drag bar rolling due to thebangles cause by the lift. But while inspecting everything I also feel like it could be movement in the leaf springs at the shackle.

Discovery #1. Started inspected these closer, plan was to replace them eventually anyway but Im curious what the forum pros say as far as how soon, or if there some other solution. The PO had a large lift with extended shackles installed. I know the issues that come with these but I have not fealt them yet, plus these welded shackles seem real HEAVY DUTY compared to what is on the market.
Anyway, the bushing at the bottom seem newer than the shackle to frame bushing, maybe diff material. It also looks like there is a small gap on the bottom bushings. Do I just tighten these down? I feel like the shackle is already bending in a little from this being done in the past. Also what torque to tighten them down to?

Discovery #2. My some of the leafs in my spring are sticking out some. Is this normal? No? What is the cause and fix? Hammer them in and retorque ubolts?

Thanks. I'm attaching pictures as well.

20221018_180254.jpg

20221018_180141.jpg

20221018_180115.jpg

20221018_180108.jpg

20221018_180041.jpg

20221018_180026.jpg

20221018_175949.jpg

the popping noise is from the tie rod ends. Your tie rod is rolling to its limit when the drag link applies power and then when it pulls the other direction the tie rod rolls to the other limit. That equals a bunch of joint movement from all your tie rod ends and makes all that popping noise.

You have a steep drag link angle, that will contribute to poor steering.

You have long shackles, those will definitely contribute to poor steering.

As for the bushings it looks like the previous owner put in bushings that were too long for the spring or something. Those are poly, many aftermarkets are. The stock frame bushings are rubber Clevite brand. I don’t know why you have a problem though. I’d figure out what springs you have if they aren’t rough country.

I wouldn’t worry about the leaf being slightly crooked. It’s not going anywhere and it’s still carrying the load.

I'm still trying to find out what springs I have. Everything at one point was painted over, even the shocks so haven't been able to see any clear markings. There is some paint coming off on one shock that shows white and red underneath. I'll prob try and strip the paint if needed.

As far as the tie rod popping. Never heard this at all before I dropped the track bar. Would replacing the TREs fix the pop? They don't look horrible. I plan on pumping more grease into them this week cause who knows when that was last done. I had someone else turn the wheel while I watched it. It's def the tube rolling but I don't see how new TREs would fix this. Would it? At least for a short time?
I've got a long list of improvements I want to do, but first I want to make sure I hit the things that put me at risk of things breaking if I go on a weekend trip away from home. Going hunting this weekend a few hours away and might need to take this vehicle