It was bound to happen

RiverRat

At one time we had 3 Jeeps at the same time. I had a 95 YK and our youngest daughter was driving my wife's old Cherokee after she got a new JKU. During one of the times gas hit over around $5/gal we narrowed it down to just the JKU. I've been wanting another "real jeep" and was trolling the usual websites and found a red 95 YJ that I told my wife we were just going to look at. Long story short I now own it.

I am trying to figure out how much lift this Jeep has. Anyone have an idea how to measure this? The tires are 31x10.50's if anyone would like to take guess at it from looking at the picture.

IMG_20231113_123831230_HDR-2.jpg

My 91 had a RE 2.5 lift and 31,s, yours sits lower then my 91 by a bit. Look on top of the spring packs for stenciled numbers. Those may tell you who made them.

Looks like maybe a 1-2” body lift and a very small spring lift. Measure to bottom of rocker panels, some backwards math can figure it out. And measure the body lift pucks.

Honestly looks like stock springs after looking closer. Or maybe some aftermarket "stock" springs that sit 0.5" higher than stock. Stock springs are almsot completely flat but have an ever so slight arch to them.

The Jeep definitely doesn't look very lifted...but I can for sure see there is a body lift on it.

I did a 4" lift on my last YJ but I had 33x12.50's on it. It sat way higher than this one. I didn't think 31's would fit on a stock YJ.

Tomorrow when I can see I'll get under it and try some of your suggestions.

I did a 4" lift on my last YJ but I had 33x12.50's on it. It sat way higher than this one. I didn't think 31's would fit on a stock YJ.

Tomorrow when I can see I'll get under it and try some of your suggestions.
31’s will fit on stock height, barely. They “fit” but have no room for flex. But you’re taller than stock height due to the body lift so you have more room than stock anyways.

That body lift should be removed ASAP!! I would inspect all tub body mount areas and see if you have cracks or damage starting.

the springs are stock' and flat, sell them to me.(can;t find any)
the body lift is easy to see.
31s, are from 28" stock tires, so 31/2=15.5" radius , 28" is 14 radius, so 1.5" lift in tires alone on 15 " rims.
make sure the steering shaft was not hacked, body higher means steering box is farther. brake line hacks?
stock rims are 15" by 7 or 8.wide, if 8inch there, make sure the steering stops are set right, my tie ends scrape wheel weights, fixed before it happened.
smallest stock tire is 205/75/R15 to 215 top. 1995
205 are as low as 27.11 in diameter, 13.5 radius. so if this is/was stock you are that be 2 " lift just 4 tires. and 2 body for 4"
and then the body mount.
good luck I;d inspect it all under car for things now all wrong. from body lift.

nice rims with huge offset to avoid hitting tie rod ends. nice. make sure lock to lock steering nothing hits. for sure brake lines, and well anything
the stops on mine (new) are 3/8"x 24 tpi, with jam nuts to match.
good luck and nice find ! (envy)

Capture.JPG

I cannot see any problems. I'll have to get it on a lift to be sure. This Jeep will be used mainly on the beach for surf fishing and on logging roads when I go hunting. At my age rock crawling and extreme trails are not on the agenda. Will this lift be a problem even with the limited use that I intend for it? I can see where frame torsion could cause problems with a body lift.