Intake Air Temp Sensor issue

jpjeep26uk

YJ Enthusiast
Greetings global trouble shooters!
Here's a really dumb question but I'm allowed to ask as I have a touch of residual but persistent brain damage so humour me folks!

Will my Jeep fail to start if I totally unplug the Intake Air Sensor ?

I only ask because whilst cleaning up my electrics on the hunt to fix my bloody mixture and black smoke issue I accidentally broke the two wires connected to the top of the sensor. I say broke, I only had to look at them with my British sarcasm look and they snapped off in all their 35yr old brittle glory
So I took the whole sensor out and waiting for a new one- wow, hard to find or what!- meanwhile, went to turn her over to keep things oiled and she won't start. Cranks awesomely but won't fire up. Is that the IAT ??
Thanks everyone. Again.

Hi all, does it matter which way I wire up an IAT?
Put a new one in today and the darned jeep still won't power up. Could it be I wired the IAT polarity the wrong way around? It didn't come with the same connector on my jeep so I had to use the little kit it came with. Thanks

I don't think it would prevent it from starting. That's based on other vehicles Ive played with, but It likely would run poorly once running.
Yeah, that's seems to be the answer, polarity doesn't matter etc. I'll swap em round and see if it starts up. I'm this close to selling it. 4 months now and so much trouble. Plus I can't drive it for a year so it's just going to sit there anyway. Prefer to get it running so I can sell it as officially running and get a little more money.