Instrument panel repair

Sounds like it may be time for a new instrument cluster. Either that or I hope you're good with electronic diagnostics, as that's one thing I'm terrible with.

I have my instrument panel out and it was pretty easy. Start with the driver side bezel - 4 screws to remove the bezel then the center section. 6 screws to remove the gauge cluster. 5 minutes max to remove it.

Once it's out you'll see a flimsy printed circuit sheet and just clean up every electrical connector for the lights and gauges. That often fixes most problems. A light coating of dielectric grease will protect them.

Your panel may vary.

1dl1.jpg

Reactions: Denisekonopa
I have my instrument panel out and it was pretty easy. Start with the driver side bezel - 4 screws to remove the bezel then the center section. 6 screws to remove the gauge cluster. 5 minutes max to remove it.

Once it's out you'll see a flimsy printed circuit sheet and just clean up every electrical connector for the lights and gauges. That often fixes most problems. A light coating of dielectric grease will protect them.

Your panel may vary.

View attachment 116039
Do I pull off the circuit sheet?

Do I pull off the circuit sheet?
No, I left the circuit sheet and gauges in place. I cleaned all the light socket fittings with a product DeOxit D5, greased them with bulb grease and replaced everything. As I recall the gauges are held in place by three screw on that back side. These bulbs all worked ok so I kept them but I did change the warning lights to LED's

No, I left the circuit sheet and gauges in place. I cleaned all the light socket fittings with a product DeOxit D5, greased them with bulb grease and replaced everything. As I recall the gauges are held in place by three screw on that back side. These bulbs all worked ok so I kept them but I did change the warning lights to LED's
Cool thanks!

Reactions: Flyer58