In need of lift and tire advice

I’m not a fan of body lifts but I can understand their use for 1-1.25”. Tummy tuck, and/or a bit of extra tire clearance with very little supporting mods.

What I don’t like about them is the gap aesthetic, the shorter shifters, or fuel hoses that may or may not need lengthening. Essentially I don’t like how it disturbs the factory body to frame relationship, although the effects are relatively minor. I had one for a bit but in my quest to go back to stock I ditched it and am running 30’s.

I’m not a fan of body lifts but I can understand their use for 1-1.25”. Tummy tuck, and/or a bit of extra tire clearance with very little supporting mods.

What I don’t like about them is the gap aesthetic, the shorter shifters, or fuel hoses that may or may not need lengthening. Essentially I don’t like how it disturbs the factory body to frame relationship, although the effects are relatively minor. I had one for a bit but in my quest to go back to stock I ditched it and am running 30’s.
1" BL, 1" motor mount lift, 1.5" extra clearance skid plate. Everything lines up perfectly. Fan is centered in the shroud, gear shifter back to stock height.
I really wanted OME suspension and 33s. So it was body lift or sawzall. The gap doesn't bother me. That flimsy stock gas tank skid plate bothers me. Almost time to upgrade and tuck the tank up an inch.

1000007804.jpg

1" BL, 1" motor mount lift, 1.5" extra clearance skid plate. Everything lines up perfectly. Fan is centered in the shroud, gear shifter back to stock height.
I really wanted OME suspension and 33s. So it was body lift or sawzall. The gap doesn't bother me. That flimsy stock gas tank skid plate bothers me. Almost time to upgrade and tuck the tank up an inch.

View attachment 122658
I had the same combo for a while except 1.25 BL. It worked fine although it did put the driveline at a less steep angle than stock, meaning I overfilled the tcase and trans a bit. When I put it back to stock and opened the fill plugs, probably an extra half quart came out of both of them. But things like the fan and shift linkages were happy.

Now I have a UCF 1.5” skid to get rid of.

I had the same combo for a while except 1.25 BL. It worked fine although it did put the driveline at a less steep angle than stock, meaning I overfilled the tcase and trans a bit. When I put it back to stock and opened the fill plugs, probably an extra half quart came out of both of them. But things like the fan and shift linkages were happy.

Now I have a UCF 1.5” skid to get rid of.
Guess Im not following. With the 1" motor mount lift, the engine and trans are still at the factory angle, just 1" higher. Drain/fill levels should be unaffected..
Unless I'm missing something?

Guess Im not following. With the 1" motor mount lift, the engine and trans are still at the factory angle, just 1" higher. Drain/fill levels should be unaffected..
Unless I'm missing something?
Motor mount lift lifted the engine 1”, the 1.5” skid lifted the rear of the transfer case 1.5”. Leveled the driveline out more compared to stock which changed the angle a bit and let more fluid in (when filling to fill hole).

Motor mount lift lifted the engine 1”, the 1.5” skid lifted the rear of the transfer case 1.5”. Leveled the driveline out more compared to stock which changed the angle a bit and let more fluid in (when filling to fill hole).
when I spoke to ucf, they told me the bottom of the pan was 1.5" higher but ½" of that was due to it being smooth and it should only raise the trans 1".
But I didn't measure before I installed it, so I have no way to verify. Regardless, it's tough as hell.

when I spoke to ucf, they told me the bottom of the pan was 1.5" higher but ½" of that was due to it being smooth and it should only raise the trans 1".
But I didn't measure before I installed it, so I have no way to verify. Regardless, it's tough as hell.
It definitely raised my transmission up more than an inch, based on the shifter height from the floor relative to my seating position. But anyways, it wasn’t a huge deal.

Reactions: Stoopid Jeep