In need of help, removed aftermarket alarm

CPucci41

Supporting Member
Hi looking for some help/advice.

purchased an 1988 YJ with plans to restore it. Not a daily just something to work on in my spare time. I was unaware when I purchased it had a viper alarm. The entire inside of the Jeep is gutted. Going to spray the tub, dash is off wiring harness exposed. The Jeep started and drove fine before taking the alarm system out. Whoever put the alarm in did a total
Botch job. Exposed bare wire, etc. I removed the alarm system re-connected all the wires and now the Jeep won’t turn over. When I turn the key to start I don’t hear the fuel pump whine. I am wondering if removing the alarm cause the vehicle to “think” it should disable.

am I going to need a new ECM? How do I come back from this? In the image below these two relays are under the dash, are these stock? Or were they part of the alarm?

appreciate any insight.
4749BB00-FF9C-46B4-8DA0-466F46DAA9C1.jpeg
4F2D5C01-C693-4118-8C22-16A833CE293E.jpeg

Oh man, been here, done this, albeit not on a Wrangler.

The only way you're really going to figure this one out is to get the factory wiring diagrams and trace the wires to their correct place. I don't think it has anything to do with the PCM, I think it has to do with the wiring itself having been botched for the alarm install.

You can download the wiring diagrams here to help:

Jeep Wrangler YJ Wiring Diagrams

Awesome man, really appreciate it. I actually removed the wiring harness and am going to trace the wires to see what I am working with.

anyone have any idea what is invetween
My fuse box and connection on my firewall? It looks like it was packed with grease. I first thought it was melted but I don’t think it is. Could this be old dielectric grease from the factory?
17CEAB2E-5E60-49F3-B6EF-FF26054C443F.jpeg
0848ED60-7E64-4538-8EE7-17884FD41CE4.jpeg
A6D84078-49EE-4278-A6D3-27B80722ABF9.jpeg