In drive but won't go

Walter

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum and am looking for some advice. I recently acquired a 1995 YJ automatic with the 2.5L engine.
The issue started when going for a drive, everything was normal then about 10 miles down the road we stopped at a convenience store, put the Jeep in park, then as we left the store we started to go and the Jeep acted like I had thrown it in neutral. Had it picked up by a rollback and brought to the house. I checked all the linkages, made sure the transfer case engages in 2wd and both 4hi and 4lo. Checked the fluid running in neutral and was full and clean. Did a quick check of the pump by removing the line to the cooler and fluid does pump at really good pressure. It just won't go no matter what configuration the shifters are in. Before I remove and replace the transmission, I was hoping someone could provide me with what else I may have missed. This Jeep was my brothers and he told me that he never had an issue with the transmission.

Thanks in advance

does the driveline spin?
A broken rear axle shaft and a disconnected CAD vacuum line could keep it from moving.
It's a bit of a longshot, but it would only take a moment to check.