Idle controller for 2.5 4-cylinder

jpjeep26uk

YJ Enthusiast
Hi all, I'm prepping my now (finally) working Jeep for it's MOT and just need to do what I can to make sure the emissions are ok. It's running grey to dark grey moke at the moment. Probly cos it's been sitting for three months and not been driven at all.

In my quest to rule out everything that was preventing my Jeep from firing up I played around with the idle controller and forgot to take a pic of where it was when it was running smooth.

Can someone with a 2.5l 4cyl take a pic of their IAC so I can try the setting out to see if I can replicate it please? Mine is running but it's quite chuggy.

Unfortunately I can't drive it due to a recent health issue so I can't take it out before the MOT and give it a damned good thrashing to blow the cobwebs out and my GF doesn't like driving it so I need to do as much as I can and then take it straight to the MOT station and hope it passes.
Thanks everyone.
Heres a pic of my type of IAC.

Screenshot_2024-04-17-19-58-37-35_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

dont know if it will work or not, but try setting the screw to bottow it out, slowly unscrew 1/1/2 turns. keep slowly move out till it running right. also are sure you got the aic seated correctly. good luck.

Reactions: jpjeep26uk