I thought the dash speakers sounded like crap

Stoopid Jeep

YJ Enthusiast
They were pretty rough, had holes and made all kinds of horrible sounds when it was over half volume. A quick trip to the stereo shop and some hand contortions, it sounds much better now.
20230606_202728.jpg

d

20230606_203126.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: redbullet
Hi, did you have to remove or tilt the dash away from the windshield etc or did you manage to fit them up behind the speaker grills without moving anything? Thinking of doing the same but can't be bothered to pull the dash. Plus I think there are a family of racoons living back there.

• Haha
Reactions: doc-ketamine
My fix was to rip all that uselessness out and throw it in the garbage can. Can't hear crap from a speaker in an open top Jeep at speed anyway. At least not without going even further over hearing unsafe sound levels than being in an open top Jeep. My headphones or ear muffs sound better than anything I could reasonably put in the Jeep, and offer some level of hearing protection.

Ah, OK I have a soundbar over head which I've fitted with component speakers and a crossover along with a sub in the rear truck space. Then as they were in poor condition I fitted 6x9s into the sides if my centre console for added roundness. Wasted at reasonable speeds with the roof down but excellent with the roof up.