How can I tell if my YJ has a lift?

Bob Gooud

Sorry for a stupid question. Just got first jeep, it's 95 YJ. I don't think it has a lift kit, but would like to know for sure. The track bar bracket on the rear axle is broken. Thinking about just removing the track bar. I'm 68 and this jeep will mostly be used to drive country back roads with the top off. How can I tell if it lift kit??? It doesn't seem to stand especially tall.

Mine has a 2.5" spring lift kit with no body lift in my profile picture. The tires are 31" x 10.5" r15". I have removed both the front and rear track bars and the sway bar with no problems.

Mine has a 2.5" spring lift kit with no body lift in my profile picture. The tires are 31" x 10.5" r15". I have removed both the front and rear track bars and the sway bar with no problems.
Thanks smagager, looking under it I see nothing that looks like shackles or extra long brackets to the frame. However, I have no idea what is involve in a lift kit. I have pretty much decided (from reading this forum) to take the rear track bar off.

Post a picture from the side. What size tires are on your Jeep? They were P 215/75 R 15 stock. That is a 27" tire and would look small if you have a lift. 31" tires would fill the wheel wells and rub off road.