Help identifying rear axle and rubber hoses

Mudhauler

I just purchased my first jeep it’s a 94 YJ had a couple questions. The two rubber hoses on my brake master cylinder does anybody know what there for And not sure what rear end this says it doesn’t quite look like a Dana 35 to me

E249EC8E-5E7E-491B-A5D1-CBB3940DAED0.jpeg

4FFA3BE4-B14C-45AC-8E94-D97E3F526B88.jpeg

I happened to have a Jeep parts catalog open (found in YJ resources section of this forum) and see the master cylinder drawing looks just like yours with the hoses ending. My 92 looks totally different and I don't have ABS but not sure if that make any difference.

My Dana 35 is a 10 bolt but I agree it doesn't look like that. Your cover almost looks custom made.

Short story... not much help. sorry. :)

Reactions: Chris
It looks like a Dana 35 with a custom cover I think.

As for the hoses, it looks like maybe that reservoir was for another vehicle and they made it to fit, but in doing so they had to cap off extra ports.

I just purchased my first jeep it’s a 94 YJ had a couple questions. The two rubber hoses on my brake master cylinder does anybody know what there for And not sure what rear end this says it doesn’t quite look like a Dana 35 to me

View attachment 116063

View attachment 116064
You have the uber popular Ford 8.8 swapped in the rear with an aftermarket cover on. Its much better than a Dana 35 in some ways. Enjoy it.