Help identifying part and function of wires

tex.ag

Howdy. Does anyone know what this part is and what it does?

4.0 L with automatic transmission.

The wiring was all janky and wrapped in tape so I investigated. After taking the tape off, I found the blue and white wires that are on its own connector are cut and not connected to anything down the line.

The black ground is grounded with a screw in the engine compartment.

The part is near the jack mounting location.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• bluwhiteconnector.jpg
    bluwhiteconnector.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 36
  • ground.jpg
    ground.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 36
  • mainpart.jpg
    mainpart.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Aftermarket cruise control maybe? Where does the black cable that comes out of the front of that thing go? Kind of looks like a cruise control servo.

Aftermarket cruise control maybe? Where does the black cable that comes out of the front of that thing go? Kind of looks like a cruise control servo.
That is what it looks like, especially with that hard cable coming out of the other end.

Does the other end terminate at the throttle body or is it just cable tied somewhere?

Reactions: machoheadgames
That is what it looks like, especially with that hard cable coming out of the other end.

Does the other end terminate at the throttle body or is it just cable tied somewhere?
@machoheadgames and @Plastic Fury

It appears you are right. The black cable does terminate at the throttle body.

The turn signal stalk has the cruise functions on it so I did not think it was aftermarket. I was just in the garage following the wiring and it did indeed go through the firewall and ended in a mess under the dash.

Thanks to you both.