Hello from WA and question

Michael_in_WA

Hello;
New here, Live in Washington state. Bought a 87 YJ couple of weeks ago. Setting out side in rain, got in it yesterday and floors in front are wet, both sides. So have leak or leaks. First suspect is windshield area. What other areas are common or should I look at?
Tried do a search, didn't seem to work or I did incorrectly.
Info on jeep, has BDS 4" lift, 33" tires, AX15 and NP 231, and please some of you don"t get mad at me. Engine is I6 which will soon be replaced with a 283 SBC

Thank you Michael

Hi Michael, I'm new to the forum.
I would look at the cowl seal( where the window folds down) also check the vent on your hood. It could have all kinds of debris in it like mine did. Windshield seal itself could be a problem too.

You sure that trans is not the BA10/5? The Peugeot BA10/5 transmission is a five-speed, overdriven, light-duty, passenger car transmission used by AMC Jeep from 1987 until mid-1989 in the YJ Wrangler, XJ Cherokee and MJ Commanche with the AMC 258 & 4.0L I6. A 283 make it go boom boom quick. But Id love to throw a 283 in my 91. Dont care of its outdated and low on HP by todays stuff.

Hello, Thanks for the responses.
Windshield has a crack in it, so will be replacing along with rubber seal. also will replace frame seal as well as look at vent box on hood.
I looked at transmission and does not have cast iron metal mid plate. So I assumed it to be an AX15. You maybe right, will know for sure when I pull drive train..... Thank you