HEI wiring

OldJoe28

Before I start, I better make sure!
This is on a '89 YJ, 4.2 engine.
Watched a coupla 2-3 U Tube videos on how to do this. Pretty straight forward, except for wiring!
They state pull red wire at firewall plug, find splice to resister wire for coil, cut out, use that 12 volt LARGE red wire for power to HEI.
" Sounds simple enough", off I go to pull wiring outta main harness and find this splice.
Ha!
After pulling 1/2 the wires outta the plastic cover, red wire(s) aren't splice? ( there is 4 LARGE red red/ white wires)
Two goes to alt. ( constant power), another goes to power up regulator in alt. 2 more go?????
" I'm not pulling the ENTIRE wiring harness apart to find this so called splice."!!
Looking at wiring diagram I got from, " ShopPro", yellow wire from coil is resistor and goes up like 12" from coil and is spliced into yellow wire. I found that connection.
I'm assuming I can get rid if that resistor wire and pull my power at that point.
Is that my power to HEI, other side of yellow resister wire? Diagram says it goes to ignition switch and few other places.
Green/ tan wire on negative side of coil on diagram states this is tach.
Can it be this simple???
One U Tube looked like he had harness wires all pulled out and lost me on WTF he was doing.
Another looked like he tapped in to red wire over by firewall plug, power wire going to ignition box.
Help!!!!
Joe