Hei distributor

GOIRISH

So I’m about to put an hei distributor in from crt. I think I’m ready except for one thing. I know nothing about electrical. I can follow simple directions so I can kill the power and hook up a light in my home. But but without basic instructions I don’t know anything. Literally. But I know the green tach comes off the coil and plugs in. So I just need a 12 volt source on crank and run. I don’t understand half the stuff out there but I don’t want to do a relay from the battery bc it says I don’t need to and that’s too complicated for me right now. I know some of the yellow wires in the loom are 12 volt but have resistors etc so easier not to mess with them. The two wire plug going into the icm is power. But I read that red is run and white is startup. So fo I need to tie them together and then splice in a 10 gauge wire to distributor? After staying up all night that’s where my mind is at. However I saw this in a post and it has a diode that apparently keeps the white from idk what but they don’t sell it anymore and now I’m afraid to just combo the wires without the diode thing. As I said before I know nothing about electric but was able to butter bc of the great instructions out there.

8B630D20-1ADB-4F0A-B3CC-376951C38409.png