Heart Transplant

FunInSun

Has anyone done an I6, AW4, and transfer case swap from a 91 to 95 Cherokee into a I4 AX5 YJ? Know the transfer case would need reclocking. Thinking leave the transfer case in original location, and moving motor forward. Im thinking it is only about 1/2". Also thinking of using the complete under hood wiring harness from Cherokee and re-pining it into YJ bulkhead plug. Guessing tach would need to be changed. Am I missing something? Thoughts? Have already upgraded to electric radiator fan, and have a automatic transmission radiator.

Ive never dont it, however from the years of posts Ive read most say its easier to buy a 4.0 jeep and ditch the other. Personally if guys are dumping hemis into their rigs, heck why not if you have all the 4.0 wiring and parts. You will need to weld in new motor mounts from what I gather though.

google JEEP YJ engine swaps, vast examples world wide, just google and read first.
the harnesses and PCM are not the same.
besides just fits (bolts on)
good luck in your quest, google does find most answers , searching for sure this one.
find posts by persons that did it for real. (not theories)
there is no limit, time , money ,parts, and plasma cutter /welder. and labor .
even alien diesel engines stuffed in side .

Has anyone done an I6, AW4, and transfer case swap from a 91 to 95 Cherokee into a I4 AX5 YJ? Know the transfer case would need reclocking. Thinking leave the transfer case in original location, and moving motor forward. Im thinking it is only about 1/2". Also thinking of using the complete under hood wiring harness from Cherokee and re-pining it into YJ bulkhead plug. Guessing tach would need to be changed. Am I missing something? Thoughts? Have already upgraded to electric radiator fan, and have a automatic transmission radiator.
what year YJ target car is it? I4 AX5 YJ ???????? years matter.