Gear Marking Compound

JoeTex

Supporting Member
Anybody know where to buy gear marking compound locally (Houston, TX area)? I’m attempting my first gear setup this weekend. Pray for me.

I ordered the GM ACDelco stuff from Amazon. Couldn’t find it locally in DFW. And I bought a whole bunch of small brushes for gear paint somewhere else too, I think that was drivetrain America.

e-bay, grainers, tractor supply, summitt racing, even walmart,( 'but it a order sale')

I was hoping to buy it today so I’d have it for tomorrow. I thought you had something with Grainger and Tractor Supply but it didn’t come up on their websites. I appreciate the response. Not the end of the world, I’ll just order some. I’ve been sitting on this for a few months, another weekend or two won’t kill me.

i guess that both places no longer keep it in texas, our local store in missouri has always had it. it been a while since i used any, sorry. good luck and safe drindriving.

With as big as Houston is and as many Jeep/off road shops probably exist someone down there has to have it. Maybe call a few off road shops and see if someone will sell you some? I used some random small brushes I bought at LOWEs and ordered the actual compound though Amazon and had it the next day.

Reactions: machoheadgames
Agreed. I’ll track it down somewhere. Time was of the essence last Thursday but my weekend plans changed so the urgency has passed. Thanks again.